These children are mini devils. They’re stomping around, slamming doors upstairs, and throwing things. They were supposed to be asleep an hour ago. They’ve sworn at me, faked sick, pissed in the sink, and several other things. I’ve been here for two and a half hours, two without the parents, and I’m kind of sick of it. I’ve been staying downstairs to show them that I’m not going to come running whenever they misbehave, because that just encourages misbehavior. I’m torn, though. At what point do I just go upstairs and tie them to their beds?
The TV is ten feet away. The trucks? About 500 yards.
001. Real name? Alyssa Mae
002. Nickname(s)? Lyssa, Lyssa Mae, Lyss, Mae Broc
003. Zodiac sign? Pisces
004. Male or female? I identify as female.
005. Elementary School? Not online.
006. Middle School? Not this either.
007. High School? Nope.
008. Hair color? Shades of red.
009. Long or short? Medium. It’s getting longer. :]
010. Loud or Quiet? As a rule I generally have a problem keeping my mouth shut.
011. Sweats or Jeans? I love sweats.
012. Phone or Camera? Camera phone.
013. Health freak? Not particularly.
014. Drink or Smoke? I drink, but I don’t smoke more than the occasional cigar.
015. Do you have a crush on someone? Yep. My boyfriend. :]
016. Eat or Drink? I do both on a regular basis.
017. Piercings? I have six. Two each in my ears, one in my cartilage, and my nose.
018. Tattoos? I have two, one on each hip. I don’t do things in odd numbers.
HAVE YOU EVER?
019. Been in an airplane? Yep.
020. Been in a car accident? Eh, I don’t think they’d be considered accidents.
021. Been in a fist fight? I play rugby, if that counts.
022. First piercing? My ears, at I think 16.
023. First best friend? Kyra.
025. First award? Something for music, probably.
026. First crush? Andrew Russell. He’s rather handsome.
028. First big vacation? I apparently went to Florida in a plane when I was a baby, but I don’t remember.
029. Last person you talked to? Zak.
030. Last person you texted? My phone’s been dead since last Saturday night, but I think it was Zak. It was either him or Sami.
031. Last person you watched a movie with? Me!
032. Last food you ate? A delicious quesadilla. Cheddar and ricotta cheeses, chopped onions, garlic, and a few other spices.
033. Last movie you watched? North Country.
034. Last song you listened to? Kitty singing ‘Love Story’ with Steve accompanying her.
035. Last thing you bought? Metro fare.
036. Last person you hugged? Brandi & Naomi.
037. Food? I
038. Drinks? Water. Lots and lots of water.
039. Clothing? Comfy things.
040. Book? Tess of the D’Urbervilles.
041. Music? Acoustic things.
042. Flower? Champagne roses, alyssum.
043. Colors? Deep greens and blues are the colors I choose…
044. Movies? Something I can snuggle to.
045. Shoes? None, cleats, or heels.
046. Subjects? Psychology, Women’s & Gender Studies. Languages.
IN THE PAST YEAR I … :
047. [I have been] kissed in the snow.
048. [I babysat my coach’s daughter instead of] celebrating Halloween.
049. [I have not] had your heart broken.
050. [I have unlimited minutes, so I have not] gone over the minutes on your cell phone.
051. [I have had] someone question your sexual orientation.
052. [I have not felt the need to] come out of the closet.
053. [I have never] had a baby.
054. [I have never] had an abortion.
055. [I have definitely] done something you’ve regretted.
056. [I have unfortunately and regrettably] broken a promise.
057. [I have] hidden a secret.
058. [I have, on more than one occasion,] pretended to be happy.
059. [I have] met someone who changed your life.
060. [I have] pretended to be sick.
061. [I have not] left the country.
062. [I hesitantly] tried something you normally wouldn’t try and liked it.
063. [I have] cried over the silliest thing.
064. [I have] run a mile.
065. [I have not] gone to the beach with your best friend.
066. [I have not] stayed single the whole year.
(OH MY GOD. The grammar in this section was HORRIBLE.)
067. Eating? Nothing.
068. Drinking? Water.
069. I’m about to? Find out my weekend plans.
070. Listening to? Law & Order: SVU
071. Plans for today/tomorrow? Get some sleep, hang out with a friend or two, and get some work done.
072. Waiting for? Monday!
073. Want kids? Two or three. It’s negotiable.
074. Want to get married? I am generally very fond of the idea.
075. Careers in mind? I haven’t decided yet. Work with law enforcement for sex crimes, be a psychologist for survivors, work at a crisis center, something like that.
WHICH IS BETTER ON A BOY/GIRL?
076. Lips or eyes? I like them both…?
077. Shorter or taller? The standard was taller, but I’m liking the sameness right now.
078. Romantic or spontaneous? Spontaneously romantic?
079. Nice stomach or nice arms? I love bellies. Not huge ones or really super muscly ones, but ones that are soft enough to snuggle your head on and are nice to kiss. :]
080. Sensitive or loud? Both, at appropriate times.
081. Hookup or relationship? I participated in the hookup culture in my school once. I ended up with Zak, so I don’t feel poorly about it. Not that I should.
082. Troublemaker or hesitant? I don’t like either of these qualities. I like a man (or woman) who knows what he (or she) wants.
HAVE YOU EVER:
083. Lost glasses/contacts? Ugh, yes.
084. Ran away from home? I wasn’t running, but I’ve left.
085. Held a gun/knife for self defense? I’ve held a gun for target practice, but never for self defense. I have held a knife to protect myself, however.
086. Killed somebody? Seriously thought about, but no.
087. Broken someone’s heart? Haha yes.
088. Been arrested? I got a warning.
089. Cried when someone died? Not immediately.
DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
090. Yourself? On good days.
091. Miracles? Sometimes.
092. Love at first sight? Yes.
093. Heaven? Some version of it.
094. Santa Claus? I don’t think it’s right to lie to their kids.
095. Sex on the first date? If that’s where your encounter takes you and it’s what you want, do it. I won’t judge you.
096. Kiss on the first date? Yep.
097. Is there one person you want to be with right now? My boyfriend.
098. Are you seriously happy with where you are in life? I’m happy with where I will be soon.
099. Do you believe in God? I believe in something.
100. Post as 100 truths and tag 10 people? I’m posting this on my blog, so if people want to do it they can.
I’ll get a letter of recommendation from Zak’s dad, but I’m still nervous. I need to get an interview. Once I get an interview, I get the job. It’s pretty standard like that.
Wish me luck!
I think I’m following all of you back. If not, let me know!
WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT.
Pleeeeeeeease let me do it, boyfriend???
It is a joke due to the power cables that fell earlier. PEPCO still has yet to remove the cables and there is no word for when they will. Sorry folks.
Geez, good thing I decided not to go out tonight. Thanks!
All boys are the same. That’s really all I have to say about it. No matter what they say or how they try to sugar coat it, they all want the same things and when it all comes down to it, they don’t care who they are with as long as they are with somebody. I’ve yet to meet a boy who actually genuinely cares about having a real relationship. And I’m not holding my breath.
HOORAY FOR ALL MEN GETTIN STEREOTYPED INTO THIS CATEGORY!
This is a patently false, overgeneralized, and rude statement. I hope OP finds a man worthy of her time and who disproves this opinion.